COPYRIGHT (C) 2010 J D FRODSHAM

Creative Commons License
Late Harvest by J D Frodsham is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Australia License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at j.frodsham@murdoch.edu.au.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Clever Cats



Clever Cats

There are cats that can spell cataclysm.
Catacaustic, cation and Catese.
And others that speak fluent Catawba,
Read Sanskrit, Old Norse and Chinese.
But the cleverest cats are the Mensas –
Catastrophically daunting I.Q.’s –
Who would never commit catachresis
Even under the influence of booze. 

There are cats who instruct catechumens,
They can cure catatonia with ease,
If a thought can be thunk then they’ll think it,
They use catnip to combat disease.
Their grandpas taught Eliot and Einstein,
Played cat’s cradle with Kafka and Joyce.
While Mum wrote a treatise on cataphracts,
Dad gave catechesis to boys.

My Mensa cat’s called Caterina,
She’s modelled for Dior and Balmain,
She’s the puss who invented the cat-walk
And was soon catapulted to fame.
She’s an expert on Greek catacumbas,
And she owns a sleek catamaran,
And every night dines upon cattails,
And catsup on catfish with spam.

You would think that I had cataphasia
If I told you of her mighty brain.
(That means I’d be singing her praises
Cataleptically over again.)
I’m afraid that this poem’s catalectic,
And that I’m going down with catarrh,
So I’ll take a cat-nap while Caterina
Caterwauls Catalan to a star.

COPYRIGHT (C) 2010 J D FRODSHAM

No comments:

Post a Comment