COPYRIGHT (C) 2010 J D FRODSHAM

Creative Commons License
Late Harvest by J D Frodsham is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Australia License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at j.frodsham@murdoch.edu.au.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Stella Sessions - Part XII





The Stella Sessions
1 May 1990

J: So tell me about the star room. Describe it.
S: It’s a room about the normal size of the other rooms in the craft. It has some sort of structure over against the opposite wall from the doorway. It looks like two seats on either side of a small control panel or bench. They all went into one stand.
J: Where are you standing now?
S: In the doorway.
J: Is the room dark?
S: Medium. It’s sort of fairly well lit.
J: Who’s with you?
S: There's no one in the room.
J: No walk forward. What do you see, what do you feel?
S: It’s gone dark and it’s like a blackness. I remember there being a ridge in the floor I could step down. The closer I got to that ridge the more I could see there were stars or white lights but it was hard to say where they were because as it got dark you couldn’t see the floor or the walls. And it just got darker and darker. And the stars became brighter. You couldn’t see any features of the room around. It was just like being in the middle of the night sky. I could feel the floor under me but I couldn’t see it. It was just like blackness and the stars.
J: Did you feel giddy or frightened?
S: I remember feeling very frightened because I thought the floor would disappear under me and I’d just be falling through the sky, through the night. I lose my orientation. I knew there was a ridge coming up but I couldn’t see it and I knew there were walls but I couldn’t see them. And I was trying to head over to the bench with the two seats. It wasn’t really a bench. It was a very small table in between two seats. I’d been told by someone to go and sit on the seat.
J: Who told you?
S: One of them had said to go over and sit down.
J: The Blue?
S: I think so. I don’t know. I’m not sure.
J: And you went over. Did you sit on the seat?
S: I’m looking at it. I’m now facing the other way. I'm behind the contraption with the two seats facing the doorway.
J: How do you feel? What are your feelings?
S: I’m scared.
J: Why are you scared?
S: Because I don’t know why they want me to sit on the seat there. I don’t know what they want me to do and I know I can't do anything to the contraption. I’m not qualified to be using it.
J: So what do you do?
S: I just look at it.
J: You didn’t sit on the seat then?
S: I’m looking at it close up but I don’t remember sitting in it. There's a screen. It's  like three circles, one, two and the centre one is raised. And on that centre flat bit there’s a very tiny screen, like a very tiny television screen and it comes out of a ridged backing. It’s not solid and square. It’s got a ridge, like an accordion, behind it and the two circular diases are more like screens. They have a slight backing to them, a semi circular backing. They’re flat. The screens are set into the bench. It gives the impression of being very solid.
J: When you wake up I want you to draw this for me. The details will come back over the next few days very clearly and you’ll be able to draw this precisely, remembering every detail. So when you’ve seen the screen, you stand there looking at it. Do you do anything else?
S: I'm looking at the screen opposite one of the chairs.
J: How big is the screen?
S: It’s circular and it’s set into the table. There's sort of like gear levers, only two or three – three, I think – between the two seats and in front of that little square screen.
J: What is the diameter of the circular screens roughly?
S: About a foot.
J: And the tiny screen. How big is that?
S: It’s about six inches by six.
J: Are the screens blank or is anything on them?
S: The one I’m looking at on the right hand side is blank, but it has lines, one or two lines, white lines, very thing, going across it.
J: Are they moving?
S: Yes, like [unintelligible] I don’t know what the significance is.
J: What do you think all this is for?
S: It’s some sort of control but I don’t know whether it’s....I get the impression it’s to guide the ship, or control the ship.
J: To navigate it, or control. Have you any idea of the size of the ship?
S: The rooms just seem to go on and on forever.
J: So it seems very big.
S: I don’t know. It’s hard to say because the passage or aisle, the passageway curves, so after twenty feet it curves around and you lose sight. There’s no length to gauge how far it goes for because it curves away.
J: Do walk for a long time before you get into the star room?
S: No. The rooms I went in were all very close to each other in the one passageway.
J: So now go back to where you are standing by the screen. What happens now? Are you looking back at the door? You’ve turned away from the screen. What do you do now?
S: I go back to the doorway.
J: And what happens now?
S: I think there’s a Gray there. The light seems to be very bright from the passageway. I can just make out the silhouette of Gray, someone approaching.
J: What’s happening now?
S: I’m just in the passageway. I remember thinking I’d had enough of that room. It had overpowered me in some way. It was just too much. I had to get out of the room.
J: In what sense was it too much?
S: It was too disorientating. It was pretty but it was scary at the same time. I had this awful feeling the floor would just melt away and I’d fall through.
J: Did you feel you were a long way from earth? Were the stars around you familiar stars? Did you see any constellations you’d recognise?
S: No. It was just a lot of stars.
J: Stars like dust?
S: Large stars and a lot of them.
J: Were they very bright?
S: Yes.
J: What colours were they?
S: Just like our stars in the sky. White.
J: What about red and blue and so on?
S: Some of the stars may have sparkled like ours do, sparkle blue. But many were just white. I remember one or two stars seem to grow in prominence. If you concentrated on a star, instead of getting a magnifying glass which was a picture, it just magnified itself.
J: Just as you concentrated on it.
S: Mmm.
J: Through the floor or through the walls?
S: Through whichever one.
J: Did you ever think about one star?
S: I don’t know if I was thinking about it or if it just happened. But that star would get brighter.
[Pause]
S: It may have been after I read Communion or it may have been before; but I remember when I read Communion I kept thinking of that incident in the Mall. And it made me realise that what he [Strieber] is talking about is not a figment of his imagination but something very real and very prevalent. Only we don’t see it. We're not aware of it because we don’t want to be. We close ourselves off.




COPYRIGHT (C) 2010 J D FRODSHAM

No comments:

Post a Comment